Thursday, September 13, 2001

Willow Wants Wussy

A message from Willow...

"I am Willow. I am writing to Liza to ask permission to "get busy" with your stud Rusty. He has indeed knocked me straight. Thank you for your consideration. W."

That's always nice to know.

Re: Toms: Weezer and Malkmus are up for my album of the year as well. Of course, I haven't heard Martin Tielli or the Rheostatics yet, who are this month and next month.

Re: Jayzon: I remember liking Alien Cubed. I haven't seen it since it came out, though. I've since become a fan of the director, David Fincher, who did Se7en and Fight Club (and The Game, for those who like that sort of thing). I'm mainly just a fan of Fight Club. Oh, he also did those videos for Madonna and Aerosmith, "Express Yourself" and "Jamie's Got a Gun," respectively.

I've seen some of Adult Swim. Sealab 2020, which I didn't think was awfully funny (or terribly awful either)... like it was wearing its "postmodern Hanna Barbera cartoon for adults, aren't we clever" ness too much on its sleeve. Although I'm looking forward to Brak and Cowboy Bebop and the others. I shall check out.

The Robinsons: Here's a link to one of my students' bands, in case he's lurking around here and wants to feel famous. He makes Ramoney-Mony Weezerific Beachifonic Punkitudinal stuff.

The news is that I've created a collection called The Singles Collection (you know, like the Pet Shop Boys) for The Mnemonic Devices. It's to commemorate the existance of them for five years (the first album was Oct 1996), to provide "single" mixes for some of the songs that could use some trimming for radio, but most importantly it's a quicky way to make filthy money since folks would be more likely to buy it at my show in two weeks. I wish I could say I originally planned it as a cash-in, but I had the idea to make it before I knew I'd be playing.

The Mnemonic Rusty

P.S. Me too. Anna K.

No comments: