Friday, September 21, 2001

Steph's Experience

So, is it normal for me to feel sorry for the Eminem guy? When you yelled "Loser!" at him, I thought, "Aw, you shouldn't have said that..." Anyway, though, I'm glad you're all right and that he didn't get your purse.

As Todd and Tommy know, my Eminem impression is not to be beat. Nor is my M&M impression: "Play it again, Peanut!"

I was also hoping he would have been pleased at you asking "What are you listening to?" and that you could have had a conversation about it. Poor Eminem. Maybe I should buy him a gun.

The even newer and more improved Rusty Spell Dot Com is up. Also on Noby and Rusty's Game Page is a brand new domino game called Jason Smith. I dreamed it one day, just like I dreamed Pickle. I'm always literally dreaming up games, when I'm not dreaming up Old Hags stifling my breathing. I also one time dreamed I was watching a game show on TV in which they asked trivia questions about William Shakespeare. The game was called Outrageous Fortune, which I thought was very clever of my unconscious.

Paula Leffman (who only Liza knows) came by tonight to practice being a Mnemonic Devicette for the show October 4th. She had me go through about half my Devices songbook strumming songs and singing, and after each song she would analyze the lyrics. She explained stuff that I never realized ("Oh, that's what I meant"). She's a very good reader. Only twice did she say "What does that part mean?" and I had to explain that it was just sloppy writing, which is what I thought most rock music was anyway.

I really didn't want Eminem to have a gun. I can only joke about it 'cause you're okay. I'm not sure what I would have done. But, you know, he was being polite: "ma'am" indeed. What a sweet boy. He didn't know you missed a flirt. He probably never flirts, only clutches his Limp Bizkit cap in his hand and says, "Aw, shucks." He's probably reading this now, crying, wishing (1) that he would have flirted with you (2) that he would have got the purse and (3) that he would have called you "darling" instead. Or that he could have a chance, even a slim (shady) chance, to get to know you well enough to call you darling, or sweetheart, or honey, or turtedove.

You know that episode of Bewitched where Samantha (or Endora, can't remember) split Darren into two people so he could both go on a business trip and have a vacation? I wish I could do that, into maybe five or six Rusties. But then I start thinking about what that would mean (as I did when thinking about that episode): Would I then be able to combine all five into one again, having all of their knowledge? Or would they remain separate? What? If I couldn't combine again later, then it would be pointless. Regardless, I'd probably have a Writer Rusty, a Music Rusty, a Teacher Rusty, a Miscellaneous Fun Things Rusty, and Rusty-In-General. But then, see, I wonder: Wouldn't Writer Rusty just want to make music, just like I do now? Assigning jobs to them makes them seem more like robots, and less than what they would actually be, which is me. There would be arguments: "Writer Rusty, you're supposed to be writing and publishing!" "But I want to make a song, dillhole!" "That's my job!" "Whoah, whoah, whoah, can't you guys chill out? I'm trying to watch Law and Order with Liza." "Suck it, Rusty-In-General!" "Now what's Miscellanous Fun Things Rusty doing? Oh, great... he's built a fort." "But what I really want to do is direct." "Why do I have to grade all these papers? This sucks."

I'm going to sleep now. I wonder who reads this besides the people on the "team." Someone is, I'm pretty sure. Someone probably reads it every day, probably clicks on it from the new-and-improved Rusty Spell Dot Com and gets a sinking feeling when there's no new posts. Then he probably reads the old ones and says, "Those guys... I love these guys."

Why wouldn't he?

No comments: