Tuesday, September 18, 2001

Sleep Paralysis

Yes, everything described on that page -- except for floating -- are things I have experienced: a pressing on the chest (and entire body, really); an evil presence; sometimes something talking; certainly floating things, usually bugs, though when I was a kid I would see faces and little men sometimes. In fact, once when I was a child I had a nightmare and went to sleep with Mom and Dad because I was scared and while I was talking to them about the dream, I was clearly looking at little men walking around in their room. It's been even in the past few nights, though, that I have woken up, looked up and saw bugs, and tried to catch them with my covers. I'm awake enough to talk to Liza about it and tell her what I'm looking at.

There's one story on that sight about thinking someone's in the room when they're not around while you're waking up or sleeping. That's happened, like when I thought Liza was around and then realized she was at work. That also happened to my sister several times. Two or three times she thought she saw me and heard me, but I was always in my room. Once she saw me walk into the bathroom when I didn't, and once she heard me whisper her name in her hear. My brother, sister, and I all have these sorts of experiences: they usually had them worse than me, especially Tony.

The site describes "mere presence" which is something I experience while I'm not in the bed, while I'm typing... like several minutes ago, even. When I feel something enter the room, but nothing's there. Sometimes the dog will enter the room and I won't even notice, but I'll feel this.

"I get a loud rushing sound in my ears. Something like it sounds like when you put your fingers in your ears only it is very loud." This is from the site, and this is exactly what I experience.

I'm gonna stop talking about it all now I think, since I'll be going to bed in a second. As most of you know, I believe in most everything otherwordly, and I think it's kind of goofy when "scientific" information tries to explain it away by simply giving it a newer name and explaining things that happen to your body.


  • Hot chicks rule!
  • My advice to Tommy is to just watch all the DVDs before he buys them.
  • Sorry Tommy and Jason: I didn't like Manhunter and I didn't like Cowboy Bebop. I saw that first episode of Sealab 2021 and the radio one, and pretty much felt the same way about both... minor titters. I only saw the last bit of Brak's show too, and never LOL at it... though Space Ghost was still funny. I'm not cool.
  • I've only seen the new Weezer video 1/2 times. I saw the end of it. Weezer are my friends.
  • We're going to find out that Jar Jar becomes the head of the Jedi or something. Him and snake.
  • I've recruited a handful of chicks to sing with me on my Oct 4 music show. It should be da bom'.
  • Bulleted list.

No comments: