Friday, September 21, 2001

not a purse!

Steph here, all refreshed and very sober now, and certainly not split into Fake Pretentious Novelist Steph, and Flirty Steph, and Angry Non-Purse-Carrier Steph.

In retrospect, screaming "Loser!" was not very nice. But it was so hard not to. Scream "Loser!" I mean. He was such a terrible mugger.

My friend-slash-host-slash-former-law-school-classmate Andy made me call the police when I got back to the apartment. Instead of calling the Sky Bar to ask for Petra, which was what I would have been inclined to do. But the police didn't seem all that concerned, given that the mugging attempt wasn't successful or anything.

I saw The Apples in Stereo three nights ago, but there's no interesting story connected to that event. The band was enjoyable, the crowd was good, and before hearing the band go on, I talked to some guy about foreign policy. After that, I walked about an hour to get back to the apartment. Coincidentally, on that evening, Andy scolded me for walking that far, saying, "But you could've gotten mugged!"

No comments: