Friday, September 07, 2001

Rheostatics Dream

I think I might start using this thing to post the dreams I can remember, and that are suitable for public domain. So if you too want to write out dreams that sound like "I dreamed that my sister and I were at the White House, only it wasn't the White House it was more like a Christmas Tree..." then you can.

Last night I dreamed that the Rheostatics came to Hattiesburg to perform, but that I could barely see them because my glasses were either off or not working good (I have bad eyesight dreams all the time). That was the end of the concert; it was an outdoor event, like on the football field or something. A lot of cool bands came, but the people in the stadium hadn't heard of them much, so it was only ten or so people who came close enough to really see them. Boss Hog (the band, not the Dukes of Hazzard character) got the best reception, with mostly girls going nuts and dancing around them. Nyleva was there for them.

When the Rheostatics came out, even when I got up close, they didn't look like they did in their pictures... they looked all old and completely changed: very tan. But, luckily, above their heads, they had name tags. Tim Vesely gave me a hug and I shook Dave Bidini's hand and I said, "I'm Rusty Spell," and he said, "What group are you in again? Your name sounds familiar." I told him I run their USA webpage and his eyes grew wide like he was happy and surprised, but then my alarm went off. I remember the dreams the most that I have in the thirty minutes I hit the snooze button... so it was really this morning more than last night.

It's cool dreaming in nine minute intervals, cause it's like little acts. Or like a short story collection where the characters are the same, but it's not a novel, just a series of stories that are kind of related. There. That's all I can remember.

No comments: