Thursday, September 13, 2001

1. Shopping with Tommy is always an adventure.

B. We also went to Captain D's and ate seafood. Sure, all I had was a salad, but they put it in a plastic container shaped like a giant clamshell, so that you feel like you're eating seafood.

3. I saw Alien Resurrection with the aforementioned Thomas Jackson. Our friend Mamie wanted us to go see I Know What You Did Last Summer with her, but by the time it was starting she was nowhere to be found, so we decided a movie with Sigourney Weaver, Winona Ryder, and cool scary aliens would be better than Jennifer Love Hewitt running around screaming. Mamie burst into the theater we were in mid-way through the movie and yelled at Thomas for "ditching" her, then stormed out. Good thing we were the only people in the theater...

pi. The screenplay for Alien Resurrection was written by Joss Whedon, the creator of Buffy and Angel, tho' I hear he's not too proud of it. I thought it was at least more enjoyable than Alien Cubed, which, granted I only saw on broadcast tv, and appeared to be chopped up badly. At least I hope that broadcast was chopped up badly, I'd hate to think the theatrical release could have been as incomprehensible as the version I saw.

3. Well, they keep saying Buffy is coming out on Region 1 DVD, but then they keep putting it off. I'll believe it when I see it. Unless you're talking about the movie with Pee Wee Herman (who does the best death scene ever), which isn't real.

3b.

IV. For anyone looking for something goofy and fun to cheer them up on the teevee, I recommend they check out Adult Swim on Cartoon Network Thursday and Sunday nights from 9pm-midnight Central/10pm-1am Eastern, if they haven't already discovered it. It has some very funny and insane animation for adult audiences, along with Cowboy Bebop, which I love, love, love, and is listed as the definition of "cool" in my dictionary. (I think Tommy and Noby can back me up on how good Bebop is)

4a. Invader Zim, from Jhonen Vasquez--creator of the Johnny the Homicidal Maniac comic--and with head writer Frank Conniff from MST3K, is highly recommended as well. (Friday 8pmCT/9pmET, Sunday Noon CT/1pmET on Nickelodeon)

No comments: