Friday, September 21, 2001

Jason can't think of a headline right now

Wow, Steph, that was some evening. You were lucky you got the polite, non-violent, easily-confused, and easily-discouraged mugger there. Maybe he needed to be called a loser. Maybe it'll be the wakeup call he needs to motivate him into reconsidering his ill-conceived life of incompetent crime.

Oh man, I know how it is taking so long to realize you were being flirted with. I'm incredibly dense when it comes to figuring out someone's flirting with me, assuming anyone ever actually does.

I remember this one girl who on a few occasions had lunch with our little group at the USM Commons. (Geez, I'm not sure I remember her name... Wendy I think? She had blonde curly-I-think hair, and was taking classes in the art department, always carrying around one of those little art supply boxes we all did that look like the ones that people carry stuff for fishing in. You have any idea who I'm talking about Rusty?) I remember one time I was sitting there eating by myself (it was one of those off times of the day when there was hardly anyone there) and she came over and sat down with me. She kept telling me how fascinating everything I talked about was, and kept talking about how she didn't ever have anything to do on the weekend, was wishing she could find someone to go out and do stuff with, and basically giving me every opportunity humanly possible to ask her out.

I did notice all the not-so-subtle hints she was dropping, but with all my stupid self-doubt and low self-esteem, I just couldn't believe she'd be interested in me. I was also interested in another girl at the time who wasn't as interested in me, so I guess that made me all the more distracted. Man, I was such a dumbass! I feel really, really bad about the whole thing in retrospect. She probably thought I didn't like her or something. I should try to find her and apologize.

(Yeah, I know I'm probably shattering everyone's illusions of how utterly cool I am. Hard as it may be to believe, I admit it, I'm a dork.)

----------

He's probably reading this now, crying, wishing (1) that he would have flirted with you (2) that he would have got the purse and (3) that he would have called you "darling" instead.

Dadgummit, Rusty, pay attention! It's a TOTE BAG! Totu bagu!

Er, sorry about bringing up the whole Old Hag thing the other night before your bedtime Rusty. I agree in that a lot of that stuff doesn't sound like it's easily explained away just by grouping it all in as side-effects of the bodily function that keeps us from moving around during REM sleep taking a little longer than usual to shut off. (Though I was glad to find out that what happens to me could at least be explained by that part.)

Did you know?
Tare Panda has a friend called Afro Dog. You see, as the story goes, "Once upon a time, there was a dog with an afro..." That's it. That's the story.

The Simpsons DVD set is still set for release on Tuesday. It's supposed to have a never-aired episode, commentaries, and loads of other DVD extra goodness.

I assume most of us here know that the Twin Peaks 1st season DVD set comes out the first week of December...

Of course, I'm sure what we're all really waiting for is the Phantom Menace DVD next month, to find out if there are any wonderful additonal Jar-Jar scenes that we didn't get to see in the theatrical release!

Gotta dance!

No comments: