Tuesday, September 18, 2001

A Special Message...

To the hot chick I saw on my street Saturday pushing her friend who was for some reason sitting on top of a baby stroller up the hill:
I love you.

Another Special Message...

To the hot chick I saw on my street Saturday who was for some reason sitting on top of a baby stroller while being pushed up the hill by her friend:
I love you too.

Random Stuff That Isn't Special:

I wish I could have thought of something to say to those girls instead of standing there looking puzzled at their craziness. I wish I knew what caused them to try something so silly. Maybe they were on dank or something.

Tommy should really consider looking for an apartment within walking distance of Best Buy. It would save him a considerable amount of time.

I do suspect it was a really bad editing job that Fox did when they showed the tee-vee version of Alien to the Third that ruined it for me. I recall thinking that the individual scenes were pretty decent, just cut together in ways that didn't make much sense visually or story-wise. Someday I'll rent me a copy of it to find out.

Speaking of Fox, now that Fox 40 in Jackson is going to be switching to the WB network, I'm wondering if they'll keep their "Getcha some!" slogan. If not, I'm gonna miss it. I'll never forget the time I drove into town one day, completely unaware that was their new slogan, and saw for the first time the billboard for Moesha with a big picture of teenage actress/singer Brandy on it, with the phrase "Getcha some!" in big bold letters next to it, looking so very, very wrong.

The first Sealab 2021 episode (involving Debbie the marine biologist's biological clock going off and Stormy not being able to figure out why referring to Debbie the schoolteacher as "the black Debbie" was inappropriate) was much funnier than the bland-by-comparison episode with the pirate radio station. Erik Estrada's character singing the CHiPs theme really made me LOL in the latest episode. Oh, and so far there's been several discussions and depictions of cannibalism on Sealab, so Steph might wanna check that out. :)

Cowboy Bebop appears to be (somewhat understandably) gone from tv for a while, along with other shows on the Cartoon Network that depict realistic large-scale violence. I dunno why Invader Zim got pulled off the schedule last friday, though.

Every time I see Weezer's new video with the shot of the puppies and the chimp immediately followed by the shot of the panther running toward the camera, it makes me feel worried that the big cat's going to go after those puppies. For some reason, I don't feel worried about the chimp. Maybe it's because I feel closer to puppies, having owned and been around lots and lots of them during my life, but have never really been close to any chimps.

Rusty... be careful and make sure that's not Evil Alternate-Timeline Vampire Willow.

I don't know if there's an Evil Anna Kournikova.

Hey Rusty, in those dreams where you open your eyes and see things, do you experience a short period of feeling unable or afraid to move? What you described kinda reminded me of this thing called "sleep paralysis" that a lot of people (including me occasionally) experience. It's where you wake up to the point where you can open your eyes and look around, but you can't consciously make yourself move or speak, and it often feels like you're being held down or threatened by some malevolent presence. I've never experienced any of the associated secondary characteristics, but for a lot of people, sleep paralysis is accompanied by visual or auditory hallucinations--generally humanoid beings, monster-like things, and bugs. (Never read about anyone seeing anything like propeller boats though, so it might not be this.) As strange as it sounds, a fairly large portion of the population supposedly experiences it a time or two in their lives, and it's where a lot of stories about alien abductions, incubi, and other assorted things that go bump in the night are believed to have originated.

Speaking of scary things, here's something I told Tommy I'd read once and finally found the link to again...

No comments: