Wednesday, February 13, 2002

Rusty Pop Rocks

Um, thanks, Carrie. Never had anyone congratulate me (or whatever you did) by showing a picture of a baby lemur (or whatever that was). You're a cool kid, Care.

Hey, Jason. I'm a responder too. Unless I feel the need to talk. So I guess I'm both, but I'd rather be a responder.

I kinda like Buffy for that reason too. The 90210 stuff was always happening a neusance, more or less, while they were trying to kill vampires. Buffy gets grounded or something. I've only seen one or two that weren't from the DVD, but it seems like in the later ones, that it does turn more into 90210 with relationships and stuff, and it seems more depressing and less parodic. Is this true, or just me? Maybe I'll only like season one.

Yeah, you need the freakin' game. Everyone needs to get their copy before they go out of print and you're left without one of the most fun games ever. Liza and I played all four "stories" from the game this week. She was good each time and I was e-vil like the De-vil. I won the first two and the won the second two. I'm going to convince her to be e-vil for the new four go-rounds, but she says she likes being the goody two shoes.

Yay for David Lynch, even though he won't win. I gave award shows a chance with the Golden Testicles/Boobs (whichever you prefer), but those were crappy too. I mean, movie award nominations and winners aren't as bad as, say, the Grammy's (in which only the worst music made seems to be involved), but they're still kinda bad.

I still haven't seen Waking Life, but it's not my fault. I'm sure the committe just said, "Oh yeah, I forgot that was a cartoon." People have this animation = children's movie ideas stuck in their heads, even though even from the beginning of animation that's never necessarily been true. Kids just like them more than live action: or, "all kids like cartoons, but not all cartoons are for kids."

So yeah, part two of comps are done, so the worst is over. The worst was today, but I zipped through it, probably writing twice as much as I really needed to, but I had a lot of info in my brain I wanted to get rid of on paper. Even though I guess I'll keep it in my brain in case I need it for, you know, teaching English and stuff.

So thanks, Carrie and Jason. You guys rock the juke box.

No comments: