Sunday, February 10, 2002

No Aloha

I am sad that Rusty and Jason have to take temporary leave of the robot. Don't tarry too long!

It was ab-fab to see Liza and Rusty during my four-day trek to Central Mississippi. It's so very hard to pack in everything you want to say to your bestest friends in the universe in a mere 90 minutes! I had a swell time at ye olde playground with Clyde Frog, the yellow duck and two of the kewlest peeps I know.

Recently Eric and I saw The Breeders at Emo's. It was an especially fun show for me since I LUV Kim Deal and haven't seen The Breeders since 1994 at the New Daisy Theatre in Memphis. The show had all the rock 'n roll rowdiness you could want, with a couple of f**k you's and middle fingers to boot. I was a tad bit sad that the set only lasted for about 40 minutes and there was a lot of sloppiness in that small amount of time. I guess the alcohol had a little to do with that. But we had a great time despite the misspoken lyrics and the wrangled guitar parts. I'd go see them again in a heartbeat! A worthy sidenote for Buffy watchers: The Breeders opened their set with a lively rendition of the BtVS theme song. Doublemint goodness!

Rusty, buena suerte on comps! I'm sure you'll kick arse.

Steph, any suggestions on which Death Cab for Cutie record to try first? I've intended to give them a whirl for so long now. I'd say it's about time.

And, finally, to paraphrase Angel: If you love her so much, go make a website.

No comments: