Wednesday, February 27, 2002

I Took It






Which David Lynch character are you most like?


How nice to know. I thought it would bad to be Carrie/Fred, but I found out there's worse.

I think that the Buffy game, Nyleva, is probably more fair than it seems at first glance. If anything, it seems like Evil has a slight advantage sometimes. Evil gets to constantly regenerate characters, by summoning them, so you're almost hoping sometimes that Good kills your servants off so you can get better ones, like Veruca or Angelus. Meanwhile, you can usually just try to keep your villain safe. But if you're Good, even though you do get all those cool cards, Xander and Willow (and Oz when not Werewolf Oz) are really easy to kill (and you can't bring them back) and Buffy almost always has to keep herself around Evil (instead of hiding, like the villain) to do anything at all.

Anyway, when we first started playing, Evil used to win a lot (no matter who controlled them), but now it's about half and half. Also, the number of human players doesn't seem to change too much, since it's always four good guys vs. one villain and three servants. It's sometimes more fun with extra players, so that Good can confer with each other and be a real "Scooby Gang" while Evil just sits back by himself and laughs manaically. My favorite stories are the Mayor and the Judge. The Master and Adam aren't as fun since it isn't as complicated, but they're still good for a shorter game.

I also found that reading the FAQ helps (here) since the rules in the book aren't exactly clear sometimes. For example, I used to think that when you traded/drew cards your character's turn is over, but it's only her movement.

I'm writing all this Buffy game stuff on the robot rather than just an email to Nyleva so that when everyone else gets their own copy, they can read this with knowing head nods... instead of now where everyone is just saying, "Shut up, Rusty." Maybe Carrie and I can play Friday night after recording our crazzy little song.

Liza finally played Evil. She played Good every time, which was like ten times. She won as Evil, but my excuse was that I wasn't used to being Good. Kinda like Andre the Giant losing to Wesley because he was used to fighting dozens of people.

Hudson's: a place I need to quit forgetting about. I found cartridges for my printer which are normally like $30 for like $12. I also found a CD by The Mountain Goats, who I've heard one song from off the lovely Harriet Records compilation. I will listen to it tonight with my big-ass headphones.

Oh, we got Nyleva pictures developed, so now there are even more pictures of us and Clyde Frog. We're some cute people.

Lori Berkemeyer is here from Slovakia for a while. Got to hang with her face today. Fun times.

RRRRRRRRRRRRRRusty is GRRRRRRRRReat.

No comments: