Tuesday, February 19, 2002

Rusty Gets Dissed

I'm up putting together my dissertation. That sounds funny for some reason.

I also spent a few minutes reading Steph's blog, which I haven't looked at as regularly as I used to lately. I too meant to mention on my blog how much I enjoy Stephin Merritt's Eban and Charley soundtrack. Some good poop, especially the songs with lyrics.

I thought it was a given that phoneline stuff was a rip-off. People are just now figuring this out?

They've been tracing live action for cartoons since at least Snow White, so nothing illegal about that.

I'm anxious to see Storytelling, but even more anxious to hear the soundtrack. At Amazon, they say it won't be out till May. What's the dealeo with that? Obviously it's finished, or else the movie couldn't be out. Color me confused.

If I had a TV, I wouldn't miss Law and Order or Malcolm in the Middle. I don't dig them. Liza watches the first one a lot. The second one, I just listen to the theme song then turn the channel.

A Giles spinoff? Wow. Like I said, he's my favorite character. What's it going to be, Frasier with vampires or something?

Nyleva liked tonight's episode of Angel so kindly that she called in the middle of it to tell us so. I didn't see it, since I'm such an order fanatic for shows with ongoing plotlines and I'll just wait for the Angel DVDs. I have such a new appreciation for M*A*S*H now that I get to see it in order, and it's pretty darn episodic. I'm surprised I watch The Practice since I missed years of it, but I do. Actually, I'm surprised I watch The Practice at all. It doesn't seem like something I'd like. It's the only drama I've watched in years and years. Usually I just watch the funny ha ha. And I'm surprised at how much I like it. I think it's really really really good. The stories actually make me nervous and worried and stuff, and I can't think of any current TV that does that for me.

I told someone I watched The Practice and he said "Why don't you just go watch ER while you're at it?" but I think ER is a piece of sh*t. Of course, the only show that I absolutely despise is Sex in the City, which Liza watches. It's the only show I absolutely have to leave the room for. In second place is Seventh Heaven which Liza also watches (she watches everything, yes) and which makes me puke. I sort of refuse to believe she actually likes it.

As long as Waking Life is better than The Newton Boys, I'll be okay.

Jason win the Blog Joke of the Day award with his final paragraph on the last posting. Of course, they might actually have to make Star Trek: Law and Vampires.

No comments: