Tuesday, November 20, 2001

Welcome, Tommy

The heading isn't as funny as "Welcome, Matt," but Matt doesn't seem to want to be part of the bloggy fun trick.

Everyone who wants Dr. Sbaitso should ask me to send it to them (it's a small program). I'm sure SoundBlaster wouldn't mind. He's a psychiatrist robot voice who will help you with your problems, though everyone I know just ends up cussing at him and making him say cuss words after about twenty minutes of legitimate therapy.

Everyone should, indeed, listen to their Lynch movies extra loud, no matter what it is and no matter where you watch them. I just watched his "Dumbland" two and a half minute cartoons, the first of which kinda scared me at one point. You should listen to this loud, too.

Some wag once said that art is never finished, just let go (or something like that), but apparently it's not true for George Lucas. I assume one of his reasons for revising is to make the six parts more like a whole and maybe to fix plot discrepancies. Though, from a technological standpoint, he should have just made the new ones look crappy, instead of making the old ones look new.

I think you should do the crush thing, even if it's just crumbling to the advert idiots.

Some guy on the radio just sang the lyric, "George Lucas... THX... Dolby sound... special effects." Hm.

My Thanksgiving plans, for the stalkers out there: going to folks' house Wednesday night and staying through weekend. Good clean family fun. Anyone want to watch Harry Potter with me? As you all know, I'm hype boy. I somehow escaped the Planet of the Apes hype, but I'll probably rent the movie tomorrow. I've seen every other Tim Burton movie, so why not? I rented Osmosis Jones this week just because it was done by the Farrelly boys. It wasn't too bad. Better than anything Disney's done is several years. It was also more live action that I expected (I expected it to sandwich the movie basically).

Um. Gummy Bears. I don't know. I'm just writing. Rusty.

No comments: