Tuesday, November 06, 2001

Terrorists r dum.

Yes, the picture is real.

Speaking of disturbing imagery of beloved children's show characters--but disturbing in a totally different way--that picture of Smurfette Rusty posted is really bothering me. I can't sleep because of it. (Well, that's not really the reason I can't sleep, but I'm attempting to be humorous or witty or something here, and now I'm probably failing to do so by explaining my attempt. Oh well. Now I'm just expanding this parenthetical comment so that you'll forget what I was rambling about. Have you been distracted enough yet? Good.) Smurfs shouldn't look like that. They shouldn't have sexy bare midriffs. It's just wrong. Of course, if Smurfette had really looked like that, then the thing with that old Colecovision Smurfs videogame with the secret easter egg where you could make Smurfette get nekkid would have been less disturbing. (I've never played the game in question, have only read articles about it and seen censored pictures, and have no desire to find the actual thing.)

A thought just occured to me. If you speak like a Smurf and substitute random words with "smurf," you could go around saying horrible things to people, but as long as you kept a smile on your face, they'd be none the wiser. Maybe that's why Smurf society is so peaceful and idyllic. Everysmurfy thinks everysmurf is smurfy even if it's really a smurfy smurf of smurf smurf.

Smurf!

No comments: