Sunday, November 04, 2001

Flux Capacitor

Rusty, didn't you get the memo? Daylight Savings Time has been expanded so that you change your clocks every three days (except for every third Saturday of the month and dates that are prime numbers). It's all part of the "Make Daylight Savings Time Even More Unecessary and Harder to Adjust to" program the government has established. See, the oft-mentioned Amanda and I had a big conversation the other day about how much we hate switching to and from Daylight Savings Time, and how it's all so pointless nowadays, since who needs sunlight anymore, what with electricity and all. So I'm all up in my Daylight Savings-bashing mood.

Seriously though, is your watch digital or analog? If the latter, it could be something physically jamming the works, causing the hour hand to stick. Probably one of those little gremlins that like to climb in there to lay their eggs. Those are tough to exorcise. If it's a digital watch, then you might have caught that Y2K bug thingy.

Maybe your glasses are acting like Tommy's theoretical dinosaur-viewing telescope, and you're actually looking at your watch as it appeared in the past...

-----


Tommy tells me that Lately David is getting ready to play the Hard Rock Cafe soon, which is a definite step up from grandpa's backyard, and we don't have to feel so sorry for them anymore.

-----


Here's a better picture of me than the one Rusty posted:


And here I am as a ghost haunting my old apartment:
boo!

I agree that Lori Berkemeyer is very cute and tall. She was always very nice.

I met Tommy Burton in high school where we were in art class (a.k.a. Mr. Box has us draw posters to enter into contests class) and band together. He's a crazy and fun guy, who's always complimenting me on my art (which is why I keep him around). Nowadays I go with him on trips to Memphis to hang out with him and Danny McGreger (who, as Rusty noted, is a genuinely nice and funny guy, who does make good hamburgers) and their band.

I've never met Nyleva Corley, but I'm sure she's a cool person, because Rusty says she is, and she likes Buffy the Vampire Slayer. (And I wasn't trying to steal away your Buffy connection with Liza, honest! It was all Rusty's misguided idea!)

I've only met Liza Marshall a couple of times, first when we went to see that movie with the funny robot teddy bear, and then when Rusty played at the Thirsty, Thirsty Hippo. She's gonna let me borrow some episodes of Buffy and Angel I missed, so she's a great gal in my book.

The Ninja who attacked Jeff is a mysterious figure. I was lucky to be there when the Ninja attacked Jeff. I believe it was my destiny to take this photograph:


I met Noby Nobriga when we were in the PHS drumline together. Didn't see much of him after high school until this past summer, when he, Tommy, and I got together for a long marathon of DVD and home video watching. He's a funny and creative guy. He and Rusty recently introduced me to the evils of the game of Honopoly, and drew me into participating in the playtesting process for it.

Optimus Prime isn't part of the Happy Fun Blog, but he's got the touch. He's got the power. When all hell's breakin' loose he'll be right in the eye of the storm. He's got the heart. He's got the motion. You know that when things get too tough, he's got the touch.

You know what's scary? I wrote those lyrics all from memory...

Rusty Spell--who's he?

Seriously though, Rusty was a good roommate. Even if we didn't talk a whole lot then--of course, anyone who knows me knows I never have anything to say. Except for rare occasions like right now, when I'm online and write for hours and hours about nothing.

As Rusty explained, I met Steph Tai way back in elementary school, where I discovered she was the cutest and smartest girl in the world. We pretended to be time travelers and she taught me about the signs of the Chinese zodiac, and we'd rollerskate together at Funtime Skateland. The other kids would occasionally sing the "____ and ____ sittin' in a tree..." song with our names in the blanks, while we ignored them and continued to sit at the lunch table eating our sloppy joes and talking to each other. She said she didn't remember that last part, which made me very sad.

Then Steph's family moved to the far-away land of Tennessee, and we lost touch, until years later when I discovered this internet thingy and found her website. (She and her brother had tried looking for me, but with all the Jason Bells out there, it was impossible to find the right one.) Now we correspond by email fairly regularly (except for a few occasions--like right now--when I get behind because I can be lazy and dumb--I'm sorry for being so lazy and dumb, Steph!), and finally saw each other again a few times this summer.

No comments: