Saturday, November 03, 2001

Michael J. Fox

I'm getting scared. Here's the situation:

About two weeks ago, I was in my office area of the English department, and I look at my watch (that was correct all day long because I was using it to know when to get out of class, etc.) and I go, "This doesn't look right." So I find other clocks in the department and learn that my watch is exactly one hour behind. Not "about" an hour, but precisely one hour. Weird.

Then about last week I was eating with my dad and he reminds me to set my watch back for daylight savings time. So I look down to set it, and it's already set exactly an hour back. Kind freakin' out.

Then tonight I'm at the English party and I look to see what time it is, and it's exactly one hour ahead. Boing?

So it's not a battery problem, because if it were it would just be all over the face, not exactly one hour behind or ahead. And it's not like some prank either, since it's always on my arm when it changes. It's usually sudden: like I look at my watch to say, "Well, it's about time to let out class," and then an hour or two later I look down and it's changed.

Unless someone can figure this out for me, I'll jump to what I always jump to as explanation: some sort of hobgoblin.

No comments: