Tuesday, December 04, 2001

Things That Suck or Are Stupid (In No Particular Order)



  1. It -- Here's the dumbest part: "It's got motors that do what your muscles do for you. It's got those tires that do what your feet do for you." We already don't walk enough and don't use our muscles enough in general. We're always having to invent new things (tread mills, walking tracks in the park, those things that zap you) to prove that. The other thing that's dumb is the sentence itself, which says "it's got those tires." It's got those tires..
  2. Tim Burton's Planet of the Apes -- Rented it tonight. I told Liza before we watched it: "I'm going to try really hard to like it just to spite Noby," but Noby was right. Boy was he. Nothing good about that movie. It didn't do anything. 45 minutes into the movie, and I realized nothing had happened. It looked like something out of a bad dream, one where I'm dreaming about the perfect example of the most empty movie I can think of.
  3. some other things -- I just really wanted to fuss about those two.


On the other hand I finally saw Neil Labute's In the Company of Men which was pretty excellent. I don't like to watch two movies in a row, but I had to wash the badness down. Now I have to wash that down somehow, though, but not for reasons of badness.

Christmas doesn't suck.

No comments: