Tuesday, December 18, 2001

Sometimes it's the little things in life...

I had a good day today.

Tommy and I had dinner in the Northpark Mall food court, and I ordered a salad and Jr. bacon cheesburger from Wendy's. I didn't pay attention to the pack of salad dressing before I opened it and poured it all over my salad, realizing too late that they'd given me ranch dressing (which I don't particularly care for) instead of the thousand island I asked for. That ticked me off. But then I had my junior bacon cheeseburger... This was a damn good junior bacon cheeseburger. Possibly the finest junior bacon cheeseburger ever served at any Wendy's ever. You know how Special Agent Dale Cooper felt when he had a damn fine cup of coffee? That was me and my junior bacon cheeseburger today.

Tommy, Noby, and I seem have discovered the fun activity of going to the movies late on monday nights. There's just something fun about being three guys who've got nothing better to do at 10pm on a monday night than just go see a movie when there's hardly anyone there. We saw Not Another Teen Movie, which was completely jam-packed with parodies of and references to way too many movies that I've seen. Very pleasantly-surprising cameos in the flick.

I gets to hang out this week with the lovely Amanda, who's in town visiting family. I'm a happy boy.

It's sad about Tom and Drew, though. I was hoping those crazy kids would make it. If two normal, clean-cut, well-adjusted, and stable people like them can't stay together these days, what hope is there for the rest of us?

Rusty's use of the word "Japanimation" may not be considered by some to be legitimate or "politically correct" as Rusty says, but it's actually a far more accurate term than "anime." The word anime is simply a word the Japanese stole from the French to describe all animation. Disney's animated movies, The Simpsons, and South Park are all anime. (Yes, they actually do watch The Simpsons and South Park in Japan, and they're supposedly popular over there, too. Everyone knows it's Butters!)

Of course, if you really wanna get technical, the country isn't even really named Japan, but "Nipponimation" doesn't sound as neat.

Michael Jackson's gonna be sad when he notices the Elephant Man's bones are gone.

No comments: