Friday, December 21, 2001

Little things often come in small packages--but sometimes someone tries to be clever or funny, or is just really wasteful with packing materials, and puts them in a big package instead.

Saw Vanilla Sky Tuesday night. Slightly more people there than on Monday. It's lots better and much less typical-Hollywood-erotic-thrillerish than the ads for it looked. Cameron Crowe delivers some beautiful visuals and all the obligatory classic rock songs and references you could want, but something was just... lacking.

Maybe it's because I figured out what was supposed to be the big shocking surprise ending (which I won't spoil for anyone here) very early on in the movie. (Though I figured out The Sixth Sense in the first few minutes of the film, and I still enjoyed that.) When the first clue appears in the film, it stuck out from the rest of the film and seemed so incredibly blatant that I could barely suppress the urge to sarcastically shout out "GEE, I WONDER IF THAT WAS SOMETHING IMPORTANT TO THE PLOT???" Granted, I've probably spent a lot more time reading and thinking about the possibilities of the concept presented in the aforementioned clue than a lot of people have, which certainly helped me to fill in all the blanks.

It also didn't help when the movie theater stopped the film and raised the lights right in the middle of the film's big climax, and we had to wait almost ten minutes before we could see the final couple of minutes.

I need to see the movie this was a remake of (I'm too lazy to look up the title right now)--maybe I'll like it better.

There's some other movie that opened this week that I still need to go see. The Guy in Charge of the Jewelry or something like that.

Somebody needs to get me that t*mmy burt*n album.

I'd like to wish all the X-Men a Merry X-Mas.

3 days 5 hours 45 minutes remaining until X's birthday (observed)
1 day 5 hours 45 minutes remaining until some guy named Jason's birthday

No comments: