Friday, December 28, 2001

Carpet

It's funny what little things do to your life. We got a 5x8 rug for the living room floor the cover the speaker wires for the surround sound speakers, and it makes all the cozy difference in the world to see the rug there. It feels good on the feet and it's a "warm green" color (yes, that's possible: a warm cool color) and it actually seems to give the room space (or maybe it was just that Liza had to clear out that part of the floor to put it down that gives the space).

Twin Peaks DVDs

The more I think about it, the more it seems like the Super Professional Team took care of the look and sound and menus and all that for the Twin Peaks DVDs... and then said to the Wrapped in Plastic team: "Okay, if you want bonuses, you take care of it yourself." So they said, "Hey, we'll start with a interview with Mark Frost..." Good idea, but then they unwisely chose to show their dorky sides. Then they said, "Hmmm, how about a 'Talking Backwards' thing with the little guy?" Not so great an idea. "What about the pie lady?" Desperate. The "Intro to Lynch" thing was more like it, just for the stars, as was the "digital postcards" (which I think I watched all of, though it's really hard to tell since you have to play Six Degrees of Laura Palmer to see them).

Like I said, goofy but mostly harmless, a little nice.

What are the easter eggs? Just finding the postcards?

I've listened to one commentary so far. Dunham was pretty good. The script notes were good too for that ep. Glad they put the Log Lady stuff (even though it seemed like some inside joke between Lynch and himself). I'm also glad they put the "previously on Twin Peaks" stuff and wish they would have put the "next on Twin Peaks" stuff, because I remember those just being dissolves of five or six single frames from the show along with some mixed-up dialogue and sounds (very not telling at all, but still giving a taste--like a movie teaser, the best kind of previews there are).

The Rusty, Jason, Tommy Blog?

Is there anyone else out there? I mean reading, not writing, since I know the answer to that one. I don't mind if we're the only three writing, but I'd like to know if anyone's reading. Maybe I should stick a counter on the robot. If there's anyone out there, write me, even (or especially) if I don't know you.

New Orleans

Anyone want to go to New Orleans with me this weekend? You'll be by yourself for several hours if you do, since I'll be at the MLA convention, but you'd get a free trip... and then we could be free to get all the whores and booze the town has to offer afterwards. I plan on going Saturday, possibly Sunday (but probably Saturday). Probably early. Get there before noon or something, leave whenever.

t*mmy burt*n

It's a good recco. I sing it sometimes too. I haven't listened to it in a while, since I heard it so much when I first helped make it. I like it better than Mailbox probably, my first solo album.

Boogie Nights

Watched it again today. Good movie. Some parts reminded me of Vernon, Fla. this time.

Errol Morris

Everyone should watch all his movies. See what I think.

Jasontown

Noby and I were going to write a tribute/parody of Twin Peaks once to be called Jasontown. I'm not sure where that name came from. It wasn't from Jason Bell--in fact, I need to look over the "cast" to see if he's even in it... I'm getting Noby to email it to me if he has it. We came up with characters which more or less paralleled characters from the series and cast our schoolmates to play them. I think Tommy played the Andy Brennan character. I played the Coop character (of course, since I'm a pr*ck). Can't remember either of their names. Noby played Sherrif "Some Old President" (don't remember that either).

The Carpet Again

I was really just trying to talk about something non-media, but it didn't go too far. It was nice doing non-media last weekend, bowling. The high school kid was nice. He reminded me of someone. Although we still need to make movies. By non-media, I'm not ruling out the creation of media. Writing stuff and making movies and stuff. I think we should make some sort of movie ASAPossible. Maybe soon I'll get me an editing suite for my computer an we can go nuts.

No comments: