Tuesday, December 18, 2001

It's always the little things for me these days...

Well, the solo album is done. I have to admit, I'm both anxious and nervous about it's release. I think there are some fine songs on there, but I just hope somebody likes it. I've never ventured out with anything with just my name on it. I know it wouldn't exist without Rusty's guiding light, but it's still all me. It's great because it's very different from Lately David, but has my stamp all over. I'm positive that my next LP for Love and Letters will be completely different. I'll probably know what the hell I'm doing by then. Let's hope not, though. I'll say the record is like an indie rocking pop Dylan. But it's really probably not as good as all that. I suppose that's for the listeners to decide. I need input, and quickly!

I wish somebody would get me whisky for Xmas. The stronger the whisky, the sweeter the wine. That's what a wise blues man once told me. A blues sage, if you will. I also heard that you're not supposed to rock the do, but keep the do rocky...whatever the hell that's supposed to mean.

Hope everyone has the hap-hap-happiest Xmas ever. They need to. Ask for t*mmy burt*n this year. Then tell Tommy what you think of it after you listen to it twelve times.

My "best of 2001" list is right here.
T*mmy Burt*n

No comments: