Friday, December 28, 2001

Media Okra

I'm out here! No, over here! I do very much enjoy reading at the robot since I can rarely come up with clever enough stuff to write. Jason mentioned the Vanilla Sky movie; it is a remake of Abre Los Ojos, an Alejandro Amenabar flick from 1997. I'd also like to see the original since I can barely stomach Tom (not Goose) Cruise.

We had an incredibly merry holly day. Eric and I drove down to the bayou in southern Louisiana and had a Cajun Christmas, complete with alligators pulling a pirogue, with his family. Every time we visit I learn new words (like pirogue and parrain). Before you know it I'll be wearing shrimp boots. Eric's family is so sweet and loving and cool. Everyone should be so lucky.

I'm on my way to listen to The Moldy Peaches right now, Rusty. I'll let you know what I think. Also, as an important FYI bulletin for R.W., Eric got me the 69 Love Songs box set. Breathe a hefty sigh of relief. Eric sure is a right nifty fellow.

We are looking forward to seeing Fellowship of the Ring this weekend. We'll attempt a Sunday matinee viewing at the only THX certified theatre in town. Eric's psyched, being the perfectionist audiophile that he is.

R.W., have fun conventioneering in NOLA tomorrow. Send my regards to the literati. And, beware of the bunnies.

No comments: