Sunday, December 30, 2001

The Man Who Wasn't There, Etc.

While I was in New Orleans at the convention where they fuss over how to make a seven page research paper for high school kids, I saw The Man Who Wasn't There, the new Coen Brothers movie, the best one since Fargo. I never was a huge fan of Billy Bob Thornton, but I think he deserves some sort of award for that one. He may have already. Maybe a Golden Globe, since I've decided they count more than Oscars. Oscars are only a few steps more legitimate, to me, than Grammys, which aren't legit at all.

Tom Cruise: I like him okay, though as Noby phrased it, sometimes he's too "Tom Cruisey."

Do you have the Moldy Peaches or borrowed it or what? Congrats on getting 69LS. I'll be sure to mail you a copy of my version once the entire thing is finished (I'm on song 9 or 10 of Volume 2 right now).

Eric might be happy in knowing that when I bought my audio stuff, I did get a receiver with a DTS decoder (which I agree sounds much better than 5.1 Dolby Surround--it's the setting I always use when I have the option) and digital inputs. I'm sure he might laugh or cry at what I got overall, but -- as I admitted to him -- he's the audio god while I'm just Joe Consumer. My ears are sensitive and spoiled somewhat, but not completely. Eric rulz. I'll be sure to come to Eric when I get all rich (ha ha) and upgrade in a few years.

Oh, and everyone who knows me can be surprised to learn that I'm able to get around New Orleans pretty well by myself these days. I'm not quite the getting lost dunce I used to be, though I still surprise myself sometimes. I think it's usually lack of observation or only knowing one route to take and screwing myself if I diverge.

Bunnies aren't as innocent as everyone supposes.

No comments: