Saturday, March 02, 2002

Steph's missing out on so much

Fox Plans Celebrity Boxing

Man, "celebrities" such as ill-tempered ice skaters, attempted murderers, and former child actors beating each other bloody for the world to see. Ain't TV great?

(Oh wow, and they're "said to be negotiating with rapper Vanilla Ice" for the show too. Hooray.)

And while I'm on the subject of distressing TV programming, I just saw a commercial where a man is staring at a lobster longingly, and the cute* little critter is reaching out lovingly with its claws to the man's hands on the tank, while "Happy Together" is playing in the background. Cut to people at a Red Lobster chowing down on lobster meat, gleefully ripping apart lobsters and consuming them. Now I'm no vegetarian or PETA member or anything, but I find that juxtaposition of images clearly disturbing.

*Yeah, so I think the big aquatic bugs are cute. Bite me.

No comments: