Monday, March 11, 2002

I'd give my right thumb for some Dr Pepper right now

THURSDAY: I was cutting out a Dr Pepper coupon with my X-Acto knife (since I couldn't find my scissors) and accidentally made a long, shallow cut across my right thumb on the... what would you call it? Front? Underside? The side opposite the thumbnail, whatever that's called. Not bad, just bled a little and stung sorta like a paper cut. Not unusual either--I don't know any graphic artist who doesn't get a minor X-Acto cut at least once a month or so doing something stupid like that.

FRIDAY: I bought a new jacket for the formal dinner the night before my sister's wedding, and while cutting off the tags (yeah, with my X-Acto knife), I manage to stab myself below the cuticle on my right thumb. Again, not a bad cut, but it stung and bled some.

SATURDAY: My sister and new brother-in-law gave each of us men in the wedding party these nice pocket knives. (I'm sure you see where this is going.) After the wedding, I'm at home checking it out, and without realizing it manage to slice my right thumb on the side. No pain, but lots of blood this time.

SUNDAY: I seem to have a splinter deeply embedded in the other side of my right thumb, possibly from moving the tables and planters and stuff from the church after the wedding the day before. No blood, but quite painful.

What will happen to my thumb next? Stay tuned and find out.

(Oh yeah, did I happen to mention that my little sister got married this weekend? I'm happy about that, even if my thumb isn't.)

No comments: