Thursday, March 28, 2002

Tom Green

So I know that Tom Green isn't exactly everyone's taste, but there's no reason he should have won all the Golden Raspberry Awards, or "Razzies," the award for the worst movies (I would say the anti-Oscar, but those winners are usually so bad that it doesn't mean anything).

He won, for Freddy Got Fingered:


  • Worst Picture
  • Worst Director
  • Worst Actor
  • Worst Screenplay
  • Worst Screen Couple (for Tom and "any animal that he abuses")


He accepted his award, the by the way. Paul Verhoeven of the deserving Showgirls accepted his Worst Director once before.

Anyway, pick most any random movie, and it's worse than Freddy Got Fingered. Especially things that were mentioned that were apparently nominated, like Glitter (Mariah Carey--not that I've seen it) and 3000 Miles to Graceland, which I picked as worst movie of last year as well as one of the worst movies I've ever seen: one that wasn't just bad, but managed to insult and offend me, which doesn't happen often.

And as Carrie "Why Ape a Pretzel?" Hoffman said, and I said before too, it was original and different from anything else, which should be worth something.

Of course, I rank it up there with my favorite movies, and it's arguably the funniest movie ever made. And I'm really not too upset that it won, since the founder of the Razzies seems like an idiot asshole based on some of the quotes from the article I read, like "Tom Green set out to make something stupid and offensive. It's got bestiality, incest, child abuse. Uggh." Um, so do lots of "real" movies and stories. So, if John Wilson, the founder guy, is reading this, I'd like to publically call him an asshole.

I'll end with a list of the celebrities I can think of who I actually feel I love, if that's possible to love someone you haven't met, which I think is:

Tom Green
All The Beatles
Possibly The Osbournes

That's all I can think of. I'm not sure if I love David Lynch yet. I don't love Stephin Merritt, just his music. There might be one or two more, but I guess I don't love them enough to remember.

On a non-Tom Green subject, my glasses broke so I'm wearing my old ones which are huge and uncomfortable, but at least I can see. I'm getting a new eye exam tomorrow, since I probably need a new prescription anyway.

tomgreenfan14@aol.com

No comments: