Sunday, July 14, 2002

Where's Tommy?

Tommy, I'll assume that since we neither saw you or heard from you this weekend, you stayed in wherever it is you live in North Mississippi with Danny and rocked the boat with recordings of music and what not. It was a generally slow weekend, so you didn't miss much.

Run Noby Run

Noby, let me take this opportunity to thank you for watching Run Lola Run, in German, with me.

Since you offered no comments during or after the movie, I'll ask you now what you thought. I know you'd seen it once before, but the second time around brings new thoughts, usually.

I feel the need, the need, for speed

Oh, and despite my comments to the contrary, I made the drive from your house to mine in 1 hour, 10 minutes. That's a record for me, I think. Of course I was driving 80mph half the time.

Ah...memories

When I was in college, I used to try and see how fast I could get from point A to point B (usually from Memphis to Birmingham/Birmingham to Memphis). I grew out of that eventually, the fear of speeding tickets helping me along. Hopefully I won't fall back into my evil ways of high speed highway behavior.

Balance

Actually, I think I've struck a strange balance...my highway driving has slowed down to just above speed limit speed while my in town driving has increased to about twice the speed limit. I often wonder at the fact that I haven't been pulled over on Hardy Street or 4th Street and been given a big, fat ticket.

Later

Okay, I've got things to do and things to do, so I'll bid farewell for now.

No comments: