Thursday, July 18, 2002

Um... German?

I like overdubs. I can't help it. If I want to watch a movie, I don't want to read it too. I like to look at the screen, because -- you know -- it's a visual medium. I can't understand German or any other language except English. I'd rather have a bad overdub that allows me to watch the movie than to "preserve" the language of the movie (which might as well be people speaking like The Sims) with subtitles.

Rusty Does Want To Rant... A Little

I think that they confused "bad" TV with "interesting" TV. Not just for Tom Green, but for most of the shows on the list. Look at all of them, and what makes them not bad (even if they were, technically, bad) is that they stood out from other TV shows. I mean where were the shows like Family Matters or Who's the Boss?? Those are the truly bad ones, along with a zillion others just like it, that are just vomit-ups of already-existing shows. You have to give something like Sheriff Lobo credit for originality.

I would write another We Like Media article, but it might just sound too much like my Tom Green Gets Razzied one. The general public is so f*cking boring to me. Thank God for individuals.

Com Pew Tah

It's fun fixing computers, once you're fixing them and not just cursing at them.

For those who are now scared to play The Sims because it supposedly killed Liza's computer: don't worry. It didn't kill Liza's computer. The Sims is one of the best games ever made, and you should probably play it once or twice to see if you agree. If you don't like computer games, you might like this one.

Gateway's "service" indeed sux. I've called them two times, and both times I eventually just had to figure out the problem by myself. They kept suggesting things that would indeed kill the computer. They're basically just kids with a troubleshooting guide on their desks.

No comments: